Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hello everybody!
Oh! Finally the first practicum is over.
Hmmmm....good experience. The students were more or less like our own students - some being very attentive and active.
I tried to incorporate prereading, during reading and post reading strategies in my short session.I did a brief brainstorming. Then I went for GIST. Dividing them into groups, I made them write summary of their respective pieces. Taking help of their responses, I explained the story "Dad's Blessings" to them.
Since not much time was available, I could not adopt jigsaw reading as my postreading strategy(I would have loved to do that). I asked some of them them to explain the story to me in a nutshell.

I think the objective of making the students understand the story was achieved. But I realize that I should have distributed the complete text to them after they had done GIST exercise.
I also realize that we can make our classes much more interesting with help of these strategies (though we ARE using some of these strategies in our classes).

1 comment:

  1. Good to see ur blog. Share ur daily experiences here. It is real fun.

    ReplyDelete